Pages

About

When I started this blog, my wife, Eva, was 7 months pregnant with our first child and her mother asked if she could come stay with us.

A bit of background:
Eva's mom has a serious gambling problem, and she abandoned her when she was a young child.




Thursday, September 12, 2013

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

A couple ants found their way to our grapes and my wife washed them off and ate one of the grapes. 

MIL: "Don't do that.  If you accidentally eat an ant, it will make a home in your stomach and will eat you from the inside out.  I'll lay eggs and soon you'll die."
Wife: "If an ant made it to my stomach alive, I'm sure the stomach acid would kill it before it could make a home. Plus only queen ants lay eggs."

MIL: "I can't believe I have to explain this to you.  Worms live in the ground and worms can go in your stomach, make more worms and make their home in your body.  Ants live in the ground as well, so it means ants can do the same thing as worms." 

No comments:

Post a Comment