Pages

About

When I started this blog, my wife, Eva, was 7 months pregnant with our first child and her mother asked if she could come stay with us.

A bit of background:
Eva's mom has a serious gambling problem, and she abandoned her when she was a young child.




Monday, September 16, 2013

Bad FIL

(A condensed version of a conversation my wife and I had recently)

Me: "I can't believe how hurtful your mom is all the time."
Wife: "Yeah, well at least she never threatened to kill me like my dad did."
Me: "Huh?"
Wife: "Dad cheated on mom and when she said she was going to leave him, he grabbed me and ran out to the highway and held me close to the speeding traffic and started screaming that if mom left him, he would throw me in front of a bus.  Then he acted like he was demon-possessed and blamed all his bad actions on the demons inside of him.  Mom's friends called an exorcist and after a few minutes into the exorcism, dad pretended like the demons came out of him and said he didn't remember anything.  He was acting just like people do in cheesy Chinese ghost movies though, so it was easy to see he was faking the possession."
Me: "Holy cow!" 
Wife: "Yeah, then later after the exorcism, when mom said she was still going to divorce him, he grabbed a bottle of rat poison and started acting like he was going to drink it if she divorced him."
Me: "To bad he was bluffing"
Wife: "Then another time my mom said she wanted a divorce and he grabbed a knife and threatened to kill himself in front of me.  Mom told him he didn't have the guts to do it, so he put his hand on the table and cut one of his fingers off.   He freaked out and started screaming for us to take him to the hospital.  There was a lot of blood.  It was a bit traumatizing."
Me: .......








No comments:

Post a Comment